Spring Cleanup & Leaf Collection
Spring has sprung! It’s that time of year again when residents can put extra garbage at the curb.
Spring Cleanup in the Town of Trenton will take place on May 08, 2020.
Clear bag rules apply to all bagged garbage (only one black bag)
- Maximum of 20 items per household.All bagged garbage must be in clear bags.An “item” means an object, bag or container.
- 5 loose objects = 5 items or 5 objects in a clear bag = 1 item
- A bundle must be securely tied and not exceed 4 ft. in length.
- Microwaves ARE accepted during this clean-up.
The following items will NOT be collected during spring clean-up
- Leaves (see below for leaf collection details)
- Car parts
- Other metal items
- Box springs
- Large furniture
- Any item weighting over 75 lbs
- Electronics: Televisions, computers & monitors, printers, audio & visual playback, recording systems, & telephones. These items must be dropped off at the following locations:
- Bill Stewart Metal, Bottle & Enviro Depot - Westville Road, New Glasgow
- John’s Bottle & Recycling Depot - 28 Depot Street, Pictou
Spring Leaf Collection in the Town of Trenton will take place June 05, 2020.
FALL Leaf Collection in the Town of Trenton will take place on November 20, 2020.
- Leaves Must be in Clear, Orange or Paper Bags – Unlimited Number of Bags of Leaves Accepted
- Leaves Should be Set Out, Separated from Garbage Bags
- Leaves Can be Put in the Green Cart on a Regular Basis – Leaves Can be Put in a Backyard Composter
- NO Leaves Permitted in Black Bags
- NO Leaf Collection for Residents in the County Areas
If you have any questions regarding spring clean up or leaf collection, please contact Pictou County Solid Waste.
Waste Reduction Hotline