Town of Trenton Cancellations Notice (Summer 2020)
- Published: Tuesday, 28 April 2020 16:11
Re: Cancellation of Recreational Activities – Summer of 2020.
To whom it may concern,
Under the directive of the Town of Trenton Mayor and Council, we must publicly announce that due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic the following programs and events scheduled annually in Trenton are officially cancelled for the summer of 2020.
- The Trenton Park outdoor pool will remain closed for the 2020 season.
- Trenton Parks & Recreation Summer Programs, including the Children’s Day Camp, will not be running for the 2020 year.
- The Town’s annual festival (Trenton FunFest) has been cancelled for 2020.
- All Town recreational outdoor facilities, parks, trails, playgrounds and sports fields will remain closed until further notice.
While the Town regrets this loss to our recreational needs, we know we must put the safety of our residents at the forefront. These cancellations align with many other Municipal units and annual festival committees’ decisions during the current Provincial State of Emergency.
During this time of uncertainty, it is important that we all continue to follow proper physical distancing and isolation protocols as set by the Provincial Department of Health and Wellness. While no gatherings or drop in programming will be offered, the Director of Parks and Recreation will turn his efforts into developing recreation and social programs that align with these requirements while providing some level of socializing and physical activity amongst Trenton residents.
Understandably, such closures and cancellations will impact summer employment opportunities available from the Town of Trenton. Please know the Town is committed to hiring summer students to assist in property care and maintenance, and whatever other capacity we can offer while still having the ability to keep everybody safe.
Chief Administrative Officer