Public Notice: Town Hall Reopening (Eff: 06/02/2021)
- Published: Tuesday, 01 June 2021 14:54
TOWN OF TRENTON UPDATE
Re: Administration Office Reopening
Effective Wednesday, June 02, 2021 – The Town of Trenton Administration Office (120 Main Street) will reopen for public office hours (Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 4:00pm). Reminder that masks and physical distancing protocols are still required for anyone entering Town Hall.
We would like to thank residents for their patience and understanding during the recent office closure. We ask that you continue doing your part in keeping our community safe by following all Provincial protocols and staying informed about Covid-19 by visiting:
The following protocols will be enforced for anyone entering Town Hall. No exceptions permitted.
- Face masks are currently required for entry to Town Hall. Anyone entering without a face covering will be denied service.
- Only two (2) residents will be allowed in Town Hall at a time. This includes members from the same household. Whenever possible, please select ONE (1) family member to enter the Town Hall.
- The doors will be unlocked during the public office hours. During this time you may use the automatic door opener to enter the building to reduce touching of the door handles.
- Once inside the office, you may approach the front counter. If there is already a resident at the counter, please adhere to proper social distancing by waiting at the designated spot for your turn.
- Staff will disinfect all surfaces after each resident.
- If you need to use the debit/credit machine, use the tap option whenever possible.
- An automatic hand sanitizer dispenser is located to the left of the front counter inside Town Hall. We recommend you use this, as necessary.
- The public washroom is currently unavailable.
- Access to the Planning & Development Department, located upstairs at Town Hall, will be by appointment ONLY. No walk-ins will be permitted. Please call ahead to set up an appointment.
Looking to make a payment but don't want to enter Town Hall?
There are several methods available when you cannot enter Town Hall to make a payment.
- Login to your online banking account
- Choose to Add Payee / Add Bill / Add Bill Payment (option provided will depend on your banking institution)
- Select Account Type: Town of Trenton Water or Town of Trenton Taxes (if you cannot find the account with these specific names, try searching the word Trenton & select the correct account from the populated list)
- For water payments, use your Utilicode Number found on your water bill. Your account number is 8-digit numbers only (12345678). You do not need to include the decimal (.00) at the end of Utilicode.
- For tax payments, use your Municipal Account Number found on your tax bill. Your account number is 8-digit numbers only (12345678).You will also notice a customer code on your bills which has letters & numbers (NAMEA001) - do not use this customer code for online banking.
Cheques can be made out to "Town of Trenton" and mailed to:
Town of Trenton
P.O. Box 328
Trenton, NS B0K 1X0
State your Utilicode for water or Municipal Account Number for taxes on the front of your cheque or include the bill stub (bottom portion of your bill). If you require a receipt, ensure you have checked off “Request Receipt” on the bill stub.
Credit Card (Visa or MasterCard):
The Town now accepts Visa and Mastercard and can do so over the phone by calling Town Hall at 902-752-5311. You must have your card number, expiration date and security code (located on the back of your card) available.
If you require assistance in finding your account number or balance, please contact Town Hall at 902-752-5311 during regular business hours.