Town of Trenton Public Notice: Re-opening of Town Hall
- Published: Wednesday, 27 May 2020 09:46
Effective: Monday, June 01, 2020
The Town of Trenton Town Hall will be re-opening to the public effective Monday, June 01, 2020 with adjustments to adhere to proper social distancing protocols and ensure the safety of Town staff and residents.
PUBLIC OFFICE HOURS
Monday to Friday - 9:00am to Noon
While Town staff are currently on site working regular hours (Monday to Friday - 8:30am to 4:30pm), the office will be open to the public between 9:00am to Noon for payment purposes ONLY. For any questions or concerns, please contact the Town Hall by calling 902-752-5311 or review the Staff Directory.
The following protocols will be enforced for anyone entering Town Hall. No exceptions permitted.
- Only TWO (2) residents will be allowed in Town Hall at a time. This includes members from the same household. Whenever possible, please select ONE (1) family member to enter the Town Hall.
- The doors will be unlocked during the public office hours. During this time you may use the automatic door opener to enter the building to reduce touching of the door handles.
- Once inside the office, you may approach the front counter. If there is already a resident at the counter, please adhere to proper social distancing by waiting at the designated spot for your turn. Staff will disinfect all surfaces after each resident.
- For your own safety & that of Town Staff, we recommend both gloves and a face mask to be worn when entering Town Hall.
- If your business will require a signature, we recommend that you bring your own pen to use. We will have pens readily available.
- If you need to use the debit/credit machine, use the tap option whenever possible.
- An automatic hand sanitizer dispenser is located to the left of the front counter inside Town Hall. We recommend you use this, as necessary.
- The public washroom is currently unavailable.
- Access to the Planning & Development Department, located upstairs at Town Hall, will be by appointment ONLY. No walk-ins will be permitted. Please call ahead to set up an appointment.
OTHER PAYMENT OPTIONS
There are still payment options available without the need to enter Town Hall. We ask that if any of these options are possible for you, please consider not coming to Town Hall.
- Login to your online banking account
- Choose to Add Payee / Add Bill / Add Bill Payment (option provided will depend on your banking institution)
- Select Account Type: Town of Trenton Water or Town of Trenton Taxes (if you cannot find the account with these specific names, try searching the word Trenton & select the correct account from the populated list)
- For water payments, use your Utilicode Number found on your water bill. Your account number is 8-digit numbers only (12345678). You do not need to include the decimal (.00) at the end of Utilicode.
- For tax payments, use your Municipal Account Number found on your tax bill. Your account number is 8-digit numbers only (12345678).
- You will also notice a customer code on your bills which has letters & numbers (NAMEA001) - do not use this customer code for online banking.
Your water & tax bills can be paid at your banking institution. Just take your bill to your bank (or have your account number available and the amount you wish to pay), and they will transfer the payment from your account to the Town.
Cheques or Money Orders
Payments should be made out to the “Town of Trenton” and mailed to:
Town of Trenton
P.O. Box 328
Trenton, NS B0K 1X0
State your Utilicode for water or Municipal Account Number for taxes on the front of your cheque or include the bill stub (bottom portion of your bill). If you require a receipt, ensure you have checked off “Request Receipt” on the bill stub.
The Town now accepts Visa and Mastercard and can do so over the phone. You must have your card number, expiration date and security code (located on the back of your card) available. For the safety and security of residents' personal information, your credit card information will only be taken from staff in the Town Hall and will be destroyed after the approved payment has been taken. Your card information is not kept on file. If you require a receipt, one can be sent to you following the payment.
If you require assistance in finding your account number or balance, please contact Town Hall at 902-752-5311 during regular business hours.
We will continue to share updates and information regarding COVID-19 on the Town website and Facebook page. We are asking all residents to follow guidelines set by the Government of Nova Scotia and NS Dept. of Health & Wellness by following proper social distancing, be cautious of what information you share and be weary of unfounded claims on social media. The most accurate and up-to-date information regarding Covid-19 can be found online from the Province of Nova Scotia at https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus. We appreciate your continued participation and understanding.